Now Closed for 2023
Wicklow Arts Office is delighted to offer a new Sing in Wicklow Award to support collective singing across County Wicklow.
This award has been specifically created to advance the professional development of choirs, singing groups, and musical directors in order to extend valuable opportunities for community participation in choral singing.
The Sing in Wicklow Award forms part of a wider set of actions created by Wicklow County Council and funded by Creative Ireland to support the existing community choral infrastructure and enhance participation levels under the Creative Wicklow Strategy 2023 – 2027.
The maximum award available is €1,000.
CLOSING DATE: Friday 29th September 2023 at 4pm
Funding sought under this award can be used to:
- Take part in specialist professional workshops for choir members
- Facilitate inter-choir collaborations, such as performances, training, peer learning, and networking
- Attend and/or participate in choir competitions
- Support the recruitment of new members
- Resume full choir rehearsals following Covid-19
- Increase capacity within existing choral groups
- Purchase equipment and instruments
- Commission strategic development and planning
How to apply
- Read all documentation carefully.
- Click APPLY HERE and complete the following:
- Enter all relevant details on the online application form (emailed/faxed/posted applications will not be accepted).
- Upload a budget for 2023 and please ensure the amount of grant funding you are seeking is included on the budget document.
- Upload supporting documentation such as:
- Facilitator/artist/musical director/choir leader CV/biography
- Five examples of work or items that demonstrates a track record. This can include images, reviews, letters of support, treatments, draft scores, or audio or video recordings (links to YouTube, Vimeo, Soundcloud, MP4 etc.).
- Letter of support from the course, workshop, trainer, coach, etc. detailed within this application.
For queries on submitting your Award application to Wicklow Arts Office please email firstname.lastname@example.org